The first Bright Advisory Board meeting was held on 11th April in Shoreditch. Our advisors weighed in on the strategy and vision shared by our CEO, Pierre Proner. Each advisor provided a unique, expert perspective from their decades of experience across technology, banking and small business lending.
The board is chaired by Oliver Everett, who brings a wealth of knowledge from his former role as CEO of the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council, connecting government and business throughout the 53 nations of the Commonwealth.
The other members of our Advisory Board are:
- Professor Tomaso Aste - Scientific Director of the UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies
- Desigan Chinniah - Open Innovation Director at Mozilla Firefox
- Denise Dyment - Former Senior Banker at Standard Chartered, Ecobank, HSBC, Bank of China
- Emmanuel Finndoro-Obasi - Director of Business, Trade and Investment for Africa House London. Chairman, Conservative Commonwealth Association
- Rory Graham - Senior Partner at Coffey Graham, Fintech Legal Specialist
- Professor Joe Haslam - Executive Director of Owners Scale-up at IE Business School and early adopter and evangelist of cryptocurrency
- Jonas Karlberg - Co-founder of the Nordic Blockchain Association, and Founder of AmaZix
- Robert Scanlon - Former Group Chief Credit Officer and Chief Risk Officer at Standard Chartered Bank, Swiss Bank Plc and UBS
- Professor John Struthers - Professor of Economics and Director of the Centre for African Research on Enterprise and Economic Development. Honorary Consul for Ethiopia in Scotland
We also had the opportunity to capture some of our advisors' thoughts in more detail and the reasons for their joining Bright. Watch the Advisory Board Series on YouTube.
Join the Bright community on Telegram and speak to the team | Follow us on Twitter to get all our big updates and announcements | Learn more about the project at brightnetwork.io